Thursday, March 22, 2007

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly live at Apple Store, 06/03/07





I got the chance to check out a London Live session at the flagship Apple store in Regent Street on the evening of Tuesday the 6th of March. With no preconceptions of the band we were about to see; myself and other fellow lucky Apple employee Brad were excited with the opportunity to witness Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly in an intimate concert for a handful of budding fans.

Given that I did not have a clue of the bands style I was pleasantly surprised and soon got into the swing of clapping my hands to the beats of such songs as I-Spy and War of the Worlds. I loved the fact that one of the focal instruments in the band is a trumpet. It was reminiscent of music from some of the Jazz and Rock and Roll greats. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and with a free £10.00 Itunes voucher to put towards some songs, I couldn’t wait to lap up some of their numbers.

Their album is definitely worth a listen, so look out for: The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager in all good record stores now.

No comments: