Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Snow Covered City, 08/02/2007


Wow, I woke up Thursday morning to a sight I haven't seen for a good five years. London had gone all white. No the BNP hadn't won any seats in some random election. Instead the weather decided to take a leaf out of Russia's book and let the heaven's open, blanketing the land in snow!



The school's were closed, the roads were blocked, people couldn't get to work, but I was content to sit at home on my day off and watch the world literally slip by, whilst watching television whilst wrapped in a duvet drinking a hot chocolate. The news stations were packed with stories of the disruption caused by the weather as well as some of the fun moments.




I received various texts, wishing me a Merry Xmas which seemed quite appropriate for such a random day. Shame the turkey's all have Bird Flu as an Xmas dinner would have suited me right down to the core.

Hope there is more snow to come as it always seems pointless to have such cold weather without a bit of the white stuff.

No comments: